North Loop Condo and Project UpdatesJuly 26, 2019 by Joe Grunnet
This summer you’ve heard about a lot of exciting announcements and openings of new buildings, parks, and businesses coming to the North Loop area. Within the last decade, the North Loop has been one of the fastest growing neighborhoods in downtown Minneapolis, and it looks like that growth isn’t slowing down anytime soon.
Let’s dive in to see what else North Loop residents and visitors have to look forward to this year!
New North Loop Businesses
- The Face Foundry is set to open its second location right in the heart of the North Loop. Its original location is located in the Galleria shopping center in Edina. The Face Foundry is known for its “micro treatments”, ranging from facials, eyelash extensions, waxing, and more. Each treatment takes less than 40 minutes, so it’s perfect for the high paced urban lifestyle of the neighborhood. The new space will be located next to Crisp & Green on 5th N and Washington Ave.
- Minnesota Opera announced earlier this year its purchase of a 350-person Lab Theater in the North Loop. And while Lab Production will still continue their work and performances out of the space until May 2020, we can’t wait to see what the MN Opera has in store for the space later that year!
- lululemon, a popular athletic-wear store, opened its new North Loop location earlier this Spring. Similar to its other locations, the company is dedicated to collaborating with local community brand ambassadors to stay connected to the community they’re located in. The best part is they wanted to stay true to the North Loop’s historic surroundings and left the building’s sold wood columns, exposed brick, and rustic wood ceilings to help North Loop residents feel at home.
New North Loop Improvements
The North Loop Neighborhood Association recently revealed two proposed outdoor projects that will help improve walkability and traffic:
- The proposed Pedestrian Greenway would be located near the current North Loop Fitness building and plans to connect the west side of the North Loop to the east side. The area would include a green space, as well as art created by local artists on the brick walls. This would also increase walkability to the river.
- The community is currently raising funds for the proposed Downtown Skateboard park to be located along 2nd Ave N. Midwest Skateboarding Alliance hopes this will “activate” unused spaces in the area. If you’d like to get involved, stop by their fundraiser taking place on September 8th from 12-6 p.m. at 501 Royalston Ave.
New North Loop Buildings
- TMBR North Loop will be Minneapolis’ first mass timber residence. The exposed mass timber frame stores carbon, so it won’t get released into the atmosphere, which helps keep our cities cleaner. It will be located on 3rd Ave in the North Loop. If you want to learn more about this upcoming condo building, contact their sales team or visit their website!
- Sable, the North Loop’s newest Minneapolis condo building is set to open this summer. This first of its kind 1-2-bedroom condo is unique because it allows for short-term rentals. Through their partnership with Minnestay, owners can use the unit when they want or rent it out when they don’t. For more information about Sable or to schedule a tour of one of the remaining units, contact Joe Grunnet or visit Sable’s website.
Contact Downtown Resource Group
DRG is your resource for all downtown condos, apartments, and lofts for sale. Our agents are here to help you find the best Minneapolis real estate. Contact us today to learn more about buying a condo in North Loop, Northeast, Mill District, and other great downtown neighborhoods.